cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver04s : LDAP - CUA - user password synchronization .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We synchronize our LDAP with a CUA client.

At the creation of the user in the CUA (source LDAP), password is set with the LDAP one (with the good mapping).

The user doesn't exist in any system connected to the CUA.

Then, I distribute users on systems I want.

The initial password on distributed systems is the same that the LDAP one. OK

But when I reset the password for a system, and then distribute this user on another system, the initial password on the new one is neither the LDAP one, neither the other distributed system one.

I see in SU01 on destination system that he has a password (in logon tab), but I don't know which one !

Could you help me ?

The only solution I found is to reset the password for this user. But I have +5000 users ! (I don't know if it's possible to mass-reset password in a system or in CUA (SU10, it's not possible).

Thanks for your help.

Romuald.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user password is not transferred from the SAP NetWeaver ASto the directory service during the synchronization of the user data. You must therefore maintain the user password in a decentralized way, both in the CUA and in the directory service.

As an alternative, you can manage passwords centrally in the directory service, if you configure the UME to use the directory service as the data source. The users must log on using the UME, are authenticated with the directory service, receive a logon ticket, and can then access all systems with Single Sign-On. In this case, all systems must be configured to accept logon tickets.

Please reward points for useful answers.

Regards,

Phani