cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapter: program ID not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We want to move a sync RFC -> XI -> SOAP from our old to a new XI production box. As a smoke test we just switched to another program id in SM59 on the sending dummy system and sent a dummy request from SE38. As the call only retrieves pricing information it is no problem to send a request to the production Web Service. In development and test we often have directed this flow to another XI system by changing the program ID in the sending system and it has always worked without any problem.

The Integration Directory objects have been transported the new XI production box. The RFC communication channel was set to inactive. When I set it to active and activated the change list it was still shown as inactive in the adapter monitoring. For the SOAP adapter I know that it will not turn to status green in the adapter monitoring until the first message went through, is this the same for RFC adapter?

But in any way it was not working and we got a "program ID not registered error". I checked that the RFC communication channel (besides other program ID) is the same both XI platforms, I deactivated and activated the communication channel, changed the program ID but nothing helped. Does anybody have an idea what might be the problem here? Thanks for your help.

Regards, Tanja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja,

To make sure that the RFC channel did register at the SAP systems gateway...could you please check in the SAP system using transaction SMGW(gateway monitor) and choose menu option 'Goto --> Logged on clients'.

Please make sure that the there is an entry with the program id as given in the RFC sender channel...if not try making a change in the RCF channel and activating again....

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. I do not have access to the sending production system but I checked SMGW in the sending development and test system. On both systems the XI RFC channel was not visible in SMGW.

When I activated / deactivated the RFC communication channel on the development XI system the status in the adapter monitoring changed accordingly unlike in production.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the RFC sender channel has to work..there should be entry in "SMGW - from the first screen the menu option Goto--> logged on clients" with the program ID used in the channel...

btw...try switching the channel to active, activate. then make dummy change(change in description) and activate again...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same problem and resolved it with the changing the parameter of GateWay Profile.

Please have a look at gw/acl_mode in Tcode rz10 und rz11.

acl is for access list. the actual value should be "0".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja

If you do a connection test in SM59 on your XI and ECC box, do you get the error on here?

Bye

Clinton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Another thing just comes to my mind, as this was just supposed to be a smoke test we did not inactivate the RFC communication channel on the current XI production (pointing to same sending gateway but with other program ID). Do we need to inactivate the RFC communication channel on the old XI system before we activate the one on the new XI system?

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja,

Logically, in a gateway, the program ids used for registration should be unique...

so we have to make sure that the progam ids used to register(on one gateway) from different systems should all be unique...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja,

Greetings

You are telling to register a program ids .Mention the exact steps to do it..

--

Thanks,

Sunil

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any useful information in the communication channel monitor?

<host>:<port>/mdt/channelmonitorservlet

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thanks for the link but there was no useful information for my problem, for adapter type I can only select File, SOAP or XI but not RFC. On our XI sandbox with SP19 all adapter types are available but not in production which is still on SP16.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC adapter type should be a link which you could select and get details of all channels created...

could you please restart the RFC adapter service from the Visual admin and see if it helps.....

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe in the adapter monitor?

.../mdt/amtServlet