Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIle to File using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using File to File using BPM.

My doubt is when I create the Receiver Determination from the Outbound interface to the BPM Abstract interface, dont I need to declare the Receiver Agreement. It is not giving an option to give the Receiver Agreement. Why?

Second, if we dont need to give the Receiver Agreement, then where do I need to declare the outbound communication channel? Because I am not delcaring the communication channel, from where does the XI server gets the sender file?

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

for processes you dont need a receiver agreement (there is no channel). For your sending file adapter you need a sender agreement.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the quick response. But I am still getting BPE Adapter error. I will summarize what I have done. Please let me know whether I am right or wrong.

My scenario is very simple . File - XI - File using BPM.

The receiver and the sender data formats are different.

In IP, the steps are

Start --> Receiver --> Transformation --> Send --> Stop

I have the mapping between the receiver abstract interface and send abstract interface.

I have declared two communications channels using File Adapter, one for sender and one for receiver.

I have created two interface determinations.

1) Outbound to Receiver Abstract Interface

2) Sender Abstract Interfact to Inbound Interface.

I have created a receiver agreement between the Sender abstract interface and the Inbound interface.

I have also created a sender agreement.

But when I execute the scenario, my input file is getting deleted from the folder, but I am getting the following error.

Error Category: BPE Adapter

Error Code : Unknown message.

Priya

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

check ur process with f7 at IB Repository. Everything ok? Look to Transaction SXI_CACHE. Choose your process. Does it have 0? If not, try to repeat activation.

You need:

receiver determination and Interface Determination for:

Sender->BPM

BPM->Receiver

Receiver Agreement for:

Receiving File Adapter

Sender Agreement for:

Sending File Adapter

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the response. I have few more doubts

1) what is this f7

2) why do we need to use the transaction SXI_CACHE

3) Under the communication channels node of this transaction, I am not able to see my sender communication channel. Why?

Priya

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

u can check syntax of ur process with f7.

BPM is executed during runtime at ABAP stack, so it will be transferred from Java stack to ABAP cache. Which return code does ur process have?

BTW: Plz avoid double postings. It is confusing and not good to discuss one problem in serveral threads. Many people as well use the forum first for searching, coz nearly each problem had been discussed already. Double postings complicate the searching 4 solutions.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo, but where do you check the return code. Because, I can see several nodes on the left navigation bar,

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honey,

click on integration processes, choose ur bp and look to the fifth row, called return code.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (0)