Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES needs a lot of resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using PI 7, SPS9.

When we have a heavy load in XI, we are getting sometimes JavaNullPointer-Exceptions in Java-mappings, so we have to restart these messages - no problem!

There is the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES to restart failed messages, but when I defined it as a job (every 1 hr) and during this time we have a lot of messages (but only some are failed), the job never ends and it needs a lot of resources!

In the queues I can see a lot of entries made by the report.

Our report still have the field "max restarts" and I entered 5 restarts!

What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

regards

Wolfgang Hummel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to make a fine filter for instance using the sender system and the message interface that sometime has the Java Exception.

Is the message archiving working fine in your installation ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

thanx for your answer.

This is a test system and at the moment I just defined jobs for deleting and not for archiving.

My problem is, that we have a sender with thousands of messages via the same interface for the same receiver and sometimes a message failed ('cause of NullPointerException in java mapping).

To define a filter in the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES is no solution 'cause the filter cannot reduce the number of messages (it's always thousands of messages).

When the job starts during less traffic, I don't have any problems - it's just a problem during heavy traffic.

regards

wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you have dialog intances free for the report when there is high load ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

during heavy traffic, nearly 100% of our workprocesses are busy. Do you think that this is a problem?

Does the job need dialog instances?

(I know, that RFC-calls are handled by dialog instances)

Maybe this is the solution - but how can I avoid it that the intergration server occupies all dialog processes?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to reserve 2 dialog with RFC quota:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c3/ce70a5cf0ab1499bfbf464e6e92de0/frameset.htm">Configuring the SAP System for Parallel RFC</a>

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (0)