cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefill drop-down element with Web Service data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to prefill a drop-down element with the values that I got from a Web Service, e.g. Countries.

Is this possible???

If yes, what must be the return value of this WebService call??

e.g. List, Resultset??

Regards,

Go:khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goekhan,

I think this should be possible. I did it with a ABAP RFC. The return value was in my RFC a table. I'm sorry that I have no experience with webservices in this case. If a List or resultset does not work you can use two returnvalues a key (integer) and a text (string) in two arrays.

Maybe Mario knows more about this case.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Thanks for you contribution.

Using a key/value pair sounds like a sound idea. I will give it a try.

Has s.o. of you experiences in calling Web Services for prefilling a drop-down UI element??

Regards,

Go:khan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Goekhan,

In the CSN note 995481 it is said that, Patch 2 for SP9 has been released and it has the fix for dropdown and webservices. You will have to install patch 2 for VC and patch 5 for portal to get the complete fix. But even after applying these patch files, <b>drop-down's dynamic entry list with web service</b> remains a bug.. I did not get this resolved yet.

Kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

This was a very helpful remark!!

So this mean you have applied the patches, however still facing the same problem???

Thanks..

Goekhan

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Goekhan..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it depends on your VC version.

I'm using NW2004s SP9 and I couldn't make it work. I tried using a dynamic integration of a WS and also added additional entries. The result was only a display of the manual added entries. The WS didn't deliver any result. Maybe this is solved in SP 10 now, or I forgot something. If somebody had success with the inclusion, I'm very interested, too.

Tobias