Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro java application throws ArrayIndexBoundException

former_member192852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We had a java web dynpro application in production server and was running well. There were some changes made in the RFC and reimported the web dynpro model. After we pushed the new ear in production, it throws an ArrayIndexBoundException. The same application runs well in Development as well as in QC. Did any one of you face problem like this and what was the solution? I would appreciate if you could give us a good solution.

Thanks,

Senth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same problem and solved it this way:

1. undeploy you .ear file from productioin server using RemoteGui

2. restart server

3. deploy ear again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthuran,

My guess is that you have restarted DEV & QA WebAS servers but didn't restart PROD server. After re-importing RFC model server restart is mandatory.

VS

former_member192852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for your quick response. I remember that I asked the SAP-BASIS to restart the Development server and the application started working after the restart was made. We haven't restarted the QC at all and it is working fine there too. So that the BASIS are a bit reluctant to restart the production server. Is there any other options to make the application work? It is so strange how the application works in QC without restarting. It would be much appreciated if you give us an alternative solution.

Thanks a lot,

Senth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthuran,

Unfortunately, no other options available

Worse of it, it's necessary to restart just to make sure you are not using stale metadata -- typical source of problem but not the only one, there is (rather small) probability that the problem itself lies in something different.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net