cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of RFC objects from R/3 into XI repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to import RFC (Function module) from R/3 ECC6.0 into XI repository using Import of SAP objects icon. And when the username and password of my R/3 is given, it shows an error invalid username and password. But my R/3 login is working with the same uname and password. I have done partner profile, port and RFC destination settings in both R/3 and XI system. But everytime I am getting the same error in XI when importing SAP objects. Any ideas is appreciated.

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Just check if the user is locked in tcode su01.

Dont give pw in CAPs it is case sensitive

reg

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode -su01, Kill your session and try again, Before that check for tcode- SLDCHECK is green. Some time happens like this.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

These checks were already done before posting to sdn. I would like to know if i miss some configuration settings other than partner profiles, port and RFC destination. Its weird as it says that invalid user name and password.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you also maintained the gateway port and messaging port entries of R/3 system in the services files of XI server?

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into the RFC destinations that you connect between ECC and XI systems

on the ECC side what is the default client that is shown when u click on logon in the log on pad.

Make sure that that is same client as the one in the RFC destination

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can we see the services file? What is the path?

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anand

i had exactly the same problem,actually my XI and R/3 were working in Sync until we installed a new service pack over XI,after that i started getting authorization error while importing RFC of IDOC.i had to ask my Admin to create a fresh login id and password ,he said that it sometimes happen if new service pack is installed.

you too may ask ur admin to look into this.

thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

If XI is installed on Windows you can find this file in

%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\services file,

In Unix this is in /etc/ with the name services

The entry you should see for example <b>sapgw<xx> 33<xx>/tcp</b>

where xx is sap gateway no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Note that in NetWeaver 2004s password is case sensitive.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand ,

This is strange but make sure that you have entered both username and password in CAPS.

Bipin