cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotations for prospectiv customers, but no ordering allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPX

In our company, we would like to create quotations for prospective customers. In case they do order, this prospective customers would need to go through a credit check to become a "real" customer (sold-to-party). For for prospective customers it is not allowed to be a sold to party for which orders can be entered.

For this purpose, I created a new account group with a new partner procedure and new partner function. The idea was not to assign the function SP (sold-to-party) to the new partner procedure nor account group 0001 (sold-to-party).

To create a new customer master was no problem. But creating a quotation is only possible, if the sold-to-party is assigned to the new account group. And then, I can also create orders - exactly what I want to avoid...

Does anyone have a creative idea ?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Cheerio

Erika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, Create a 'Z' Order type for Quotation & ensure that it does not has copy control set with reference to sales order.

However, Even if order is created with reference to quotation & credit check is configured, it will execute the credit check.

regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply. In our case, however, we would like to create the order with reference to the quotation, but with the prospective customer having become a normal customer in the meantime (for not entering it twice).

The idea behind this is to save time and money for not having all customers going through internal/external customer acceptance tests.

I am looking for a solution, where I can create a quotation with a prospective customer, which can become a normal customer, after having passed the acceptance tests and a order, with reference to the quotation, is possible.

Does SAP offer such a solution ?

Cheerio

Erika

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erika Stadelmann,

How did you finally solve this problem?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to topic: J63: Sales order processing with dummy customer.

Link: http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1500/BL_US/index.htm

You will be able to get aclue from the document mention above.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka