Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM 2.0 - Files Storage for high volume of files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have seen in one message the following information:

<i>1. Files storage.

My point is that I think you've created a virtual folder on the SRM Server in SICF, which means that all your files are stored internally in the database, and not physically on the server.

The most simple way is to create a physical folder on the server OS, and then create analias in SICF to this folder. You then will be abble to load in mass the pictures on the server using FTP, or network Share.</i>

I want to upload images in the Catalog (CCM 2.0) and in my case I have high volume of files. Where is the best place to stored this data, in the database or in the server?

And if it is in the server, how I can create an alias?

Many thanks!!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What we had done for image upload for CCM 2.0 was like this:

1. in SE80 go to MIME repository -> drill down to services -> bc /sap/bsp - >Create a personal folder

2. Import your image .jpeg in this folder.

3. Derive an URL with the structue : server name/domain name/services/file name

4. test this URL in IE browser ,it should open the picture in IE for you.

5. then paste this URL in the characteristic 'image' of an item in master catalog in CAT

with this in EBP we could see the photos of the items.

BR

Dinesh

reward if helps

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Patricia: we had an FTP access set up to a physical folder, I believe, on my previous project. Very easy to mass upload files that way (be it images or pdfs or any other attachments), you just need a browser, or an FTP client. Your Basis team should be able to help you set this up.

Then you simply enter the respective URL links in the appropriate characteristic(s) of your CCM catalog items.

Cheers,

Serguei