Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no data in Excel InPlace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

No data is being displayed when I use the Excel view in an ALV from 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY', but this is not the usual problem.

I have the recommended settings in Excel in Tools > Macro > Security.

The View tab of Change Layout in the ALV lists the templates sap_om.xls and sap_mm.xls.

Trying Excel InPlace for different users and different PCs seems to show that the problem lies with the PC and not the user.

I have re-installed Excel and SAPgui on my PC, but the fault remains.

My SAPgui is 6.20 patch level 42.

My Excel is 2002 SP-2.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

John

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

alternate way is add a pushbutton in the menu and when user clicks on this...use GUI_DOWNLOAD functionality and download the internal table contents to Excel file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ramesh, but we could not really do that for every report or transaction that uses Excel InPlace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering, when you say you 'have the recommended settings in Excel in Tools > Macro > Security', did you tick the 'Trust Access to Visual Basic Project' under the Trusted Sources tab in Excel in Tools > Macro > Security'?

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

is there any reason not to use <b>SAPGUI 640 level 22</b>?

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the above responses.

Yes, I have ticked 'Trust Access to Visual Basic Project' under the Trusted Sources tab in Excel in Tools > Macro > Security', and I have set the Security Level to Medium. I also tried Low without success.

The SAP notes mentioned do not seem to address my problem.

There must be a chance that upgrading to SAPgui 640 level 22 as suggested could fix the problem. However we have PCs with same same SAPgui (620 patch level 42), some of which have the Excel InPlace fault and some of which do not.

John

0 Kudos

Running patchlevel 25 and had the same problem. I checked the trusted sources box and worked for me. It didn't work right away so I closed excel and sapgui and when I tried it again it worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi!

I'ts an another excel setting. In excel XP set this:

Tools > Macro > Security - Trusted publishers tab, click on the Visual basic project is trusted (something like that) checkbox.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a possible answer to my own question.

I have re-installed my Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations software.

It is now version 5.0.712. I don't know what it was before.

Now when I try to use Excel InPlace, I get a Kaspersky dialog box four times, warning about a potentially dangerous macro, and advising me not to execute it. If I allow the execution of each macro, then Excel InPlace works.

So it seems possible that Excel InPlace was not working before because my anti-virus software was silently preventing the execution of the macros.

Can anyone confirm that this can happen?

Thanks,

John