cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI: Alerts - Step by step issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going through Michal Krawczyk's blog XI: Alerts - Step by step

Michal Krawczyk and between step 4 and step 5 I run up against an issue. I cannot save it because I get a popup saying "Prompt for customizing request" then I click the list button and it says " You can only include objects of this type in customizing requests only" ( a little redundant I must say ) but anyway - the net result is I can't save and lose all the work I just did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

It actually means you need to have an request no. for developing alerts.

So when you prompt with this message just click on Own request and create a new request. Then you enter description and come out. Then once again you try to save. Then it asks for the request. Then just click on F4. It will show you the request what you have created earlier. Then just click on it.

Then it will allow to save. Hope this helps.......

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - when I try that it says I have No authorization to create or change request or task! What permissions do I need to ask for??

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. So you need to have authorizations for that. You ask your lead to give you the request no. or you ask your basis team to provide a request no. or request security guys to have more authorizations for your id.

If you dont have authorization you just create a request and anyone from Security or Basis who have admin rights can approve the request. Once the request is approved you will be given a no. for it. Place the no. in the box and then proceed.

---Satish

Answers (0)