cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Adobe reader will access SAP PKI for digital signatures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using a ABAP report to upload signed PDF document and validating the signature. However signature which I am using is client side Signature and not the server side. I still hope that I would be able to get these signatures from document.

When I call execute method of CL_FP_PDF_OBJECT it gives this error

Exception from the class CX_FP_RUNTIME_SYSTEM was caught, and that is due to No SSL installed yet.

But I have doubt that, does ADS has trouble seperating the client side (local signatures from document), I hope not!

One more question, If my PKI is setup Using SAPSECLIB or SAPCRPLIB then how will my local adobe reader access to this server to get public keys..

I am facing hard time visualizing, where we will specify in my Adobe acrobat that go to So and so SAP server for keys!! Or Private keys are always with signers on his machine?

Thanks,

Nitesh Shelar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not enough info

Closing this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh,

In principle the Adobe document services can extract any kind of signature applied to a document (client or server), but it can only validate those signatures that are 'known' to the server (i.e. appropriate trusted anchors have to be installed on the ADS). As you already found out, accessing security related ADS functions requires a secured connection.

I am not aware of any direct access from Reader/Acrobat towards an SAP server in order to retrieve certificates/credentials. But Reader/Acrobat can access the common Windows Certificate Store. Maybe you could share some more information on the use case you are thinking of.

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philipp,

Thanks for your reply.

So as we can add any directory server in Adobe reader and trusted identities, we can do the same with Adobe document services? So its Adobe document services, which actually validates the signature and not the web application server.

I have one more query. I have five level approval on my form where five approvers will use Windows Certificate Store to sign the document. But for this I assume that document needs to be passed from one approver to next approver in offline mode. Because once PDF document goes back to server only data of PDF will be retained after validating the signatures. So if we have multilevel approver scenario as I have in my case, we will always have to use offline mode? I am using the WebDynpro right now, can Guided procedure or ISR can help in this case.(Multiple approvers using digital signatures to sign the document)?

Thanks,

Nitesh Shelar.