cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To recieve data through Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friends,

I have made a proxy connection from XI to SAP R/3 and the data is processed succesfully according to sxmb_moni.

The question is now - hov du I get my data on the R/3 system. is my proxy class and execute method executed automatically? Hov can i see the data that is transfered from XI?

Thank You /Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Server Proxy -

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Do refer that for a good idea.

<i>Hov can i see the data that is transfered from XI?</i>

>>

use SXMB_MONI in R3. you can see if the data has reached the R3 system or not.

<i>hov du I get my data on the R/3 system. is my proxy class and execute method executed automatically?</i>

>>>

When ever the inbound interface is triggered in XI the proxy will be activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

but the blog doesn't really tell me how the proxy works. i.e. is it executed automatically? and how is the data available to you? - is the data put into an internal table or?

Regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Check this weblogs for some info:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/08/integration-builders-through-proxy-server-part--1

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/13/integration-builders-through-proxy-server-part--2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

But these are no good. I have used some of them setting up the Proxy, but now I have to process the data, transfered by the proxy.

Best regards, Thomas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure i get the question.

Is it hat you want to make a synchronous call to your proxy and get the response back in XI?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, let my explain

File -> XI -> Proxy

I have made a proxy connection from XI to SAP R/3

When data hits R/3 from the XI I i am not sure how to collect it?

is it stored in an table (automaticcaly) or du I have to write som code in the Proxy Class to do that and so on?

Thank You /Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

It dont store automatically. You have to write your code depending upon requirement in the proxy and then post it to R3.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok - but were should i get the transfered data in order to process it and post it? in my proxy class?

thank you - /Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find a method execute_asynchronous or execute _synchronous depending on the target interface.

You can edit this method and write your code to receive the data and process the same.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Server proxies are ABAP object interfaces. Implement a class for your generated ABAP object interface and enter it on the Properties tab page of the server proxy by calling transaction SE80 or transaction SPROXY. Upon receipt of a message, the ABAP proxy runtime calls the method EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS of the implementing class (in asynchronous communication: EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS).

Therefore, the application must simply implement the class for the server proxy. Proxy generation automatically creates a class with an appropriate signature and empty method. The name of this class is located on the tab page Properties. The application can, however, also enter any class with a suitable signature.

Check this help for further info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c9/74246d8ad2447799063d39013e9a11/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/8a5f3c31727d59e10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope this helps...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much guys

I will try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you will create your proxy for inbound interface then it will generated and ABAP class for you (if it does not already exists for the ABAP Interface that has been generated) which implements the interface ( ZII_<inbound messgae interface>).

Inbound ABAP proxy generates the following Objects:

1. ABAP Interface ( ZII_<inbound messgae interface>)

2. Structure for the message type in ABAP Data Dictionary (Z<messagetype>).

3. Structure for the data type in ABAP Data Dictionary (Z<datatype>).

you can access your field information from your data type and message type.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You said that you have created a proxy and sent data to XI. From XI you want to send data to R3. So you have to create once again a proxy in R3. If not proxy then you have to use any one of the adapter like IDoc, RFC etc. This actually depends upon your requirement.

To create proxy from XI to R3 go through this weblog:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have sent data FROM XI to the R/3 system via server PROXY and now I have to post the data on the R/3.

Thank You