cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any easy way to reschedule BTC jobs to alternative apps server ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have the following problem.

a) We have three apps servers and the BTC jobs are scheduled accross these three servers.

b) We want a shortcut way to relocate all BTC jobs scheduled on Apps1 to Apps3 in case one of the apps server is down ( due to maintenance or other reason).

Is there any mass processing option available for such relocation - either through standard Tcode or through ABAP ?

TIA,

Abhijit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

Please don't forget award points if you found the answer useful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure.

Abhijit.

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit

Ruchit Khushu given a good explanation thanks Ruchit, i too want to add, though I am also not really aware of anything standard for this purpose.In case if you pridict that the system is goes busy are you want no background jobs to be executed (not in the case of down time), you can define operational mode and you can set the system to swith the work process accordingly by that time. Even you can switch the system dynamically i.e., with out BTC's.

We have a SAP standared report.... by executing that report apart from active jobs we can deschelue the all the background jobs in the system but not in a particuler app server.

Regards..

S.Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I am not really aware of anything standard for this purpose. . First of all you should not explicitily define application servers on which the jobs should run unless and until there is specific requirement. Basically SAP should be allowed to do this with the help of its load sharing concept.

As I said there no transaction or ABAP code for this purpose. So one option you have is using a CATT utility for this. However I dont think that it will be an easy option since CATT is normally disabled in production environments due to audit constraints and performance issues. If you can get this working then it will be an easy fix.

Otherwise you need to write a LSMW or ABAP report using function module BP_JOB_MODIFY.The job master data resides in table TBTCO

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply.

I think we need to explore the ABAP option.

Since this relocation will be needed in a DR scenario where the current apps servers will be switched over to another set of apps servers at the DR site, the standard way of load balancing would not work in this case.

Warm regards,

Abhijit.