cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom JVM properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to configure custom jvm properties, that my Java application can read with code similar to the following:

String myproperty= System.getProperty("myproperty");

I see in forums () that I can put this properties with Config Tool as -D options of JVM. But the problem is that I need to put a lot of properties and I want to know if is it possible to create a mycustom.properties file to put all together? If yes, where do I put this file? how do I configure WAS to use this file?

Thanks,

Jose Molina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe these links would be helpful:

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not so sure about the mycustom.properties file

Note 710146 - How to change J2EE Engine JVM Settings might help though

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

No, the only way to add a custom system property for use by SAP WAS is the one you've already found.

BTW, if you have to put a lot of properties that should be read only by a single application, probably it makes sense to reconsider your approach - those should not be set as global system properties for the whole WAS, but rather as individual application properties.

HTH!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, thanks for your response.

We have about 40 different J2EE applications that we are migrating from Weblogic to WAS, and this custom properties are common for all of this applications. This is the reason because we use system properties.

Jose.