cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduced matmas message type data transfer to mdm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have scenario where I have reduced matmas message type (Zervicematmas) and it is linked to matmas05.I want to transfer this data using mdm_clnt_extr.

Uptill now my understanding is that mdm_clnt_extr can transfer data for standarad

message type as(DEBMDM,MATMAS).

if yes , pl suggest what config has to be done on ECC6.0.

thanks in advance,

Sharada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annika,

I dont have Z fm to populate idoc wrt a ZSERVICEMATMAS.I need standard idoc only difference is that it has to be attached to ZSERVICEMATMAS (custome message type)

was just searching for any config which can give me option of linking material_extract variant to ZSERVICEMATMAS and MATMAS05. but couldnt get through.

Pl suggest.

thanks,

Sharada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharada ,

If you had just reduced MATMAST05 to ZSERVICEMATMAS , then try reduce MATMAS in same way by report MDM_METADATA_MAINTAIN . I had used this to reduce and it works fine for me .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Annika,

As per our yesterdays discussion , I have chnaged MATMAS04 to ZSERVICEMATMAS in custome Z_MATERIAL_EXTRACT. Tried to create idoc using mdm_clnt_extr, it creates idoc MATMAS05 wrt MATMAS message type.

It is not considering ZSERVICEMATMAS message type.

Pl can you suggest.

thanks,

Sharada

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok , The best I can do it to recreate scenerio in my comp and try . This might do in weekend . Is it ok for you to wait that long .

Or hope someone else can help you before that .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help,

As per your suggestion one can select sengment to be transfered at the time of creating a variant of Extraction.

My scenario is that I have to create a custome message type ZSERVICEMATMAS for transferring data to MDM and standard MATMAS will be used to trnasfer data to other third party system.

Now here MDM_CLNT_EXTR is able to give me idoc wrt MATMAS message type and MATMAS05 idoc type.

I want MDM_CLNT_EXTR should create idoc for ZSERVICEMATMAS meesage type and MATMAS05 is idoc type.

I have checked for exits is MATERIAL_extract FM where I can give this message type, but didnt got any clue.

Pl can you suggest on this.

thanks,

Sharada

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada,

I'd recommend that you check first if you could use the MATMAS IDoc type. If you run transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR and create a variant with extraction object "MATERIAL_EXTRACT", you'll see the structure of the IDoc as a tree menu. There you have checkboxes called "Transfer". If you deselect IDoc segments there, those segments won't be distributed.

Alternatively you can use the report mentioned in the linked thread to create an extraction object of your own.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annika,

Thanks immediate response.

After clicking on the link provided by you its bringing me back to my question itself.

Pl can you once again me the link.

thanks,

Sharada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am so sorry , dunno how it happend .

Pls have a look on this

- Annika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annika,

Pl can you suggest on this.

thanks,

Sharada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada ,

Is it not possible for you to customise extraction object "MATERIAL_EXTRACT" by the report MDM_METADATA_MAINTAIN ?

Do you have function module for your Z IDoc type ZSERVICEMATMAS ? If yes then , we might try something .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada ,

You can reduce standard MATMAS in MDM_CLNT_EXTR as well , according to your needs .

Pls have a look for more details if its your requirement .

otherwise use transaction MDMX for extraction of your customised IDoc .

Hope this helps ,

- Annika .