cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues in sending huge amount of data to POS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,I have to send article master data (idoc-wpplu03) of around 0.7 million articles to point of sale system thru XI. Could you please suggest what is the best way of doing this..if I have to split the data, can you please advise what will be the optimum number of articles that can be sent in one idoc...also please let me know if you have experienced/ expect any performance related issues...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

that depends from many things, but assumedly the bottleneck is the mapping. Coz stability is as well dependent from hardware it can be difficult 4 you to test in the right way. But if you r able to map at test system u can be quite shure to have not any problems a productive system. Next point is the comlexity of the mapping task. Is it high, then u should split in more single IDocs and look for Msg Mapping or Java Mapping. Is it low, XSLT might be the better choice. But anyway, u cant avoid a testing row: Build the scenario, and test it in intervalls til u can be shure. For easy mapping tasks and good hardware a few hundred MB messages shouldnt be a problem.

Regards,

Udo