Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation of Key Figure

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have a scenario . Any ideas on the solution would be helpful.

A dummy product group "X" having the following input products - A1 , A2 , A3 , A4 and B1 .

The Forecast Key Figure would be at A1 , A2 , A3 , A4 and B1 based on past history order data for these products . Then the same to be aggregated to product group "X" . The release to SNP would be A1 , A2 , A3 , A4 and B1 .

The Market Intelligence key figure to be input on the product group "X" .

e.g. Market Intelligence of 10000 units on product group "X" should lead to disaggregation into products A1 , A2 , A3 , A4 and B1 as follows :

A1 : 30%

A2 : 20%

A3 : 20%

A4 : 30%

As these are set of similar products varying on an attribute .

B1 however should be having the same input as 10000 units which is the input number on the product group "X" as B1 can be used for A1 , A2 , A3 or A4 .

Would appreciate your support .

Thanks and Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is partially solved . Request further help .

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant ,

If you feel the issue solved partially or else pls recognize it by rewarding points as helful answer,very helful etc....

Second thing if I understood your problem right (<i>Complete total figure even after Drill Down</i> ) check if you have set the <b>Calculation Type for disaggregation</b> while creating the Planning Area, i.e. Pro-rata or if Based on other key fig then another key figure or by proportional Factor APODPDANT....

Regds, Digs...

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Digambar ,

I have done the settings in the planning area by taking the calculation type as "P" and assigned to this a disaggregation key figure " additional key figure 5 " .

I am getting the desired results in the interactive planning book through disaggregation based on KF Additional Key Figure 5 .

But my problem is when I drill down by Filter of only 3 products out of 5 products in the group . I still get the same total figure aggregated in the display of interactive planning table . The total on runtime should be only for the set of products displayed on the table .

Guess I am missing on some basics , but would need support sort this out .

Thanks for your support .

Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prashanth,

I dont think Total is for only those which are displayed in the Interacive planning Table. I dont think you missed basics, its the way product works i guess.

Please let me know if you find out some solution for this.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You may try out this approach for the disaggregation logic you are looking at (which I have to admit is quite challenging). This will not be a clean solution but may be useful.

You have the following keyfigures:

1. Forecast

2. Market Intelligence

3. Additional Keyfigure for Disaggregation Proportional Factor

4. Additional Keyfigure for intermediate computation

OK the issue is you have Market Intelligence of say 10000 which needs to be disaggregated to products A1 - A4 as per proportion of Forecast PLUS B should have the total Market Intelligence figure.

Step 1 - Generate Proportional Factors in keyfigure 3 based on Forecast for products A1 to A4. For Product B the Proportional Factor should be forced to 100%. This can be done using macros.

Step 2 - Copy 2 x Market Intelligence value at the aggregate of Product level to the Additional Keyfigure for Intermediate computation (keyfigure 4).

Step 3 - Zero out the Market Intelligence (keyfigure 2) values for the dummy product group using a macro

Step 4 - Copy back (/SAPAPO/TSCOPY) the value in Additional Keyfigure for Intermediate Computation (keyfigure 4) to Market Intelligence (keyfigure 2) at the Product Group aggregate level. This should result in disaggregation of 2x original Market Intelligence value in the proportion summing to 100% for A1 to A4 and 100% for B. You may need to tweak the macro for the Proportional Factor computation in Step 1 for the proportion percentages.

Are you using Fixing functionality for the Market Intelligence or better the Proportional Factor keyfigure? Otherwise you need to redo the entire computation every time there is a new value in the Market Intelligence keyfigure.

Hope this gives some direction.

Thanks,

Somnath

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath ,

I am sure as always you have a great solution , but as of now I have convinced my client that the statistical forecast and the market intelligence KF would be based on an additional KF where proportional factors would be history data as there is consistency on the same regarding the break up of the product group into products . The Statistical Forecast and Market Intelligence would then be added together to reach the Final Demand Plan .

Would surely test the solution given by you for future help and revert to you later .

Presently I am stuck up on the problem where the Drill Down All Details and Drill Down Filter shows the same value at the total cell . Infact tried with the Note 774885 or 798554 , but this note is not getting applied in SCM 5.0 .

Would appreciate your further support on this issue .

Prashant Kumar

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Per my understanding the Total value will be Total only regardless of the drill-down down for partial characteristics value. It's not going to be Total of what you see in the Details (partial). This is how the system works.

The two OSS notes mentioned by you are related to incorrect functionality of the Drill-down filtering. If you believe these notes relate to your exact problem you need to open a SMP Message to SAP and ask for corrections in SCM 5.0. I or for that matter others in the forum (unless someone from the SAP SCM Development Team) can help in this code change.

Thanks,

Somnath

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

This is per system design because if you use Details (Filter) the filter only HIDES the rows for those objects which were not selected. But the hidden objects are actually PRESENT in the work area (grid) since ALL characteristics (products

according to available CVCs) have been loaded into the grid.

The only difference is that you can't seen all of them due to the

filter used , but data is present for all available products).

Thanks all for your support on this thread .

Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

for your case you put disaggregation based on another Key Figure(Type 'P') for Market Intelligence KF and add one KF which is input enabled .Then Manually enter or fix the percentage in which proportion the total value need to be disaggregated at lower level to A1,A2...

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs Digambar , My question is partially answered such that when I disaggregate the KF Market Intelligence based on another key figure say adjustment .

In the adjustment KF I can put proportions equaling to 100% such that the KF Market Intelligence would lead to disaggregation of A1 20% , A2 20% , A3 20% A4 30% but for B1 the units should be equal to the market intelligence of the product group “X” .

Infact the assembly X comprises of similar products which are divided regards proportions into A1(30%) , A2(20%) , A3(20%) and A4 (30%) but B1 should be equal to the quantity of assembly X .

e.g. 10000 units of market intelligence of assembly “X” should lead to A1 ( 3000 units ) A2 ( 2000 units ) , A3 ( 2000 units ) A4 ( 3000 units ) and B1 ( 10000 units )

Hope this clarifies my scenario . Would request further support .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

You made this question is answered, if you got solution for this.. Can you please share with us as am braking my head to solve.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadeesh ,

Thanks for your support on working on the problem .

I got the client to give his sales history data for say 122006 with break up of the products A1 ( 3000 units ) A2 ( 2000 units ) , A3 ( 2000 units ) A4 ( 3000 units ) and B1 ( 10000 units ) .

Assigned the disaggregation to another KF say Additional Key Figure 5 , the data is disaggregating as per the ratio of the products in the product group based on sales history .

I would save a kf in BW for sales history and disaggregation can be done basis another key figure ( sales history ) .

But you can surely help me on another issue which has come up .

The break up of product group has happened but the total in the interactive book is summation of all the cells is products below .. Can I change the total cell for a particular key figure . Infact even if i drill down for a selected filter of products it still shows the complete total figure in the total cell . I am sure I am missing something very basic .

Request your support .

Prashant Kumar