cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing an ABAP proxy to File scenario, and I have a Zprogram that triggers the proxy, the problem i am facing is, in My Zprogram, say if any of my source field has no value i;e just spaces/blank, then the XML structure generated by the proxy does not contain those fields ,and becouse of which i am getting exceptions in Mapping,what could be the problem, how would i be able to generate the complete XML structure eventhough the values in some source fields do not have any value. please help, Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the mesg. mapping , for the target you can implement a if-exists logic so that the mapping doesnt fail.

Ref: this post for a similar situation where the node itself doesnt come in the source and the mapping fails -

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanx for all your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Zprogramme you need to use if ,else loop to see the condition is true.

My suggestion is replace space with zero's,then you won't get any Java runtime exception.......

JE.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to change cardinality as I aassume you are mapping the source field to some mandatory target field, you can also use MAPWITHDEFAULT to handle this.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

all you need to do is to change the cardinality of the target node. this shud be a simple fix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like you have some fields on your target structure that are defined with a cardinality of 1....1 or 1...unbounded

Therefore adjust to be 0...1 or 0...unbounded and your mapping will work ok because there will be no mandatory fields.

Alternatively, move a constant of space to the target fields if the source is blank.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the minimum occurance of source nodes from 0 to 1.

Supoose you have 0..1 change it 1..1

Similarly 0..unbounded 1..unbounded

Regards,

Jai Shankar