cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start BPM with RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as there is no chance that a BPM starts by itself I want to start it by a RFC from R/3. I have no idea how the RFC has to look like.

I have set up a sender agreement with a rfc-sender (communication channel). I defined this sender in ta:sm59 on our XI with TCP/IP (connection type T) and it seems to work properly. But how do I get the connection between the RFC and the sender-agreement?

Regards.

Oliver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Please refer this below link it will give you clear picture of your doubt.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Hope your problem has solved.

Thanks and Rewards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the blog describes not the real problem. In the blog a synchronous rfc is used. But my bpm has to start with a rfc.

The RFC is in R/3. A program in XI calls the remote function module in R/3 and the parameters are send back to XI. And now with these parameters given the bpm has to start.

How does the sender agreement has to look like?

We have now:

SENDER: Service: R/3 System, Interface: name of rf-module

and also

SENDER: Service: XI, Interface: name of rf-module

COMM-CHANNEL: type: rfc-sender, rfc-server-parameters: XI system, rfc-metadata-repository-parameters: XI system

Maybe I mixed the systems but I was told to do so. Maybe there are other settings in customizing to be switched. But unfortunately no-one knows.

Regards.

Oliver.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender business system is the R/3. You apply the channel to that system (not to any other system, this would not work).

Apply the sender agreement to this system/channel combination. The interface is your RFC.

Make sure, the the adapterspecific data are set correctly in the business system.

Regards

Stefan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

cross verify RFC adapter settings . It should associated with the Business System points to R/3 system . Go to Business System>Service>Adapter Specific Idetifiers from the Menu and check the Logical system is correct as per the SLD. It should point to R/3.

Receiver here is a BPM. SO you need to create a Receiver Determination

1) from RFC -R/3 to BPM

2) BPM to Target system.

Also cross verify the SM59 settings in the R/3 systems.

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the RFC call appears in the sxmb_moni. I had to make some changes in the sender system.

But now we have the problem as follows:

<b> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">SYNCHONOUS_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>This process does not support the specified synchronous interface or does not support any synchronous messages The exception occurred (program: SAPMHTTP, include , line: 0)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error></b>

Further I have one interesting entry in the trace:

<b><Trace level="1" type="T">No mapping property with name sap.bc.bmt.wfm.xi.interface.synch.[namespace]:Trigger_abstrakt</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Trigger_abstrakt really used in process?</Trace></b>

The Trigger_abstrakt interface is an asynchronous abstrakt interface and it contains the structure of the rfc-call. So why does the XI say that the interface is synchronous? What can I do?

Regards.

Oliver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

We also have the same problem.

exactly the same error message

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">SYNCHONOUS_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:Stack>The process does not support the given synchronous interface or does not support synchronous messages Exception CX_WAPI_DEF_PROPERTY_NOT_FOUND occurred (program: SAPMHTTP, include: , line: 0).</SAP:Stack>

along with the following in the trace

<Trace level="1" type="T">No mapping property with name sap.bc.bmt.wfm.xi.interface.synch.[namespace]:Trigger_abstrakt</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Trigger_abstrakt really used in process?</Trace>

Were you able to solve the problem?

If so, how?

Thanks,

Meghana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if what you ask is about how to link the RFC in the BPM with the sender agreement it is easy, once you have imported your BPM from the Integration Repository, to the directory, you have to link the Sender with the BPM, so in the communication channel of the Sender Agreement you have to fill the label Sender Communication Channel with the name of the BPM.

I hope this help, i think is that what you ask.

Bye.

Eduardo M.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to use the RFC just for calling the BPM without sending any message, you can use any RFC you want. It should have an input parameter, it can be a string.

Why not create an RFC Z_START_BPM, upload it to IR and then use inside the BPM?

Regards

Stefan