cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Space bar/back space key on keyboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the computer which I am using, I need to type every time the values in any SAP field to be used, for example the Sales order number field.In other computers I used to press the Spacebar or Backspace key on the keyboard to get the latest entry in those fields.This results in wastage of time when we are using the same entries more frequently and have to note these numbers anywhere.

Can anyone help me to enable this option of Spacebar or Backspace?

Is this an SAP setting or Operating System setting?

I am using Windows XP in my computer.And SAP 4.7 version

Thank in advance.

Regards,

Ragesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got the answer for my issue.

In the properties of the particular system logon, for example in properties of Development system logon>Advanced->Uncheck Low-Speed connection under the Connection Speed tab.

Now you could get the trace of values previously entered for this logon on development system.

To have this functionality in other logon systems like test or Production, follow the same procedure.

Thanks everyone who has tried to help out here.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look int he Options dialog of SAPGUI, Tab "Local Data". There are settings for activating the history.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for the answer.In my computer under the History sub heading the message shows "The history is disabled because the frontend is running in low-speed connection mode."

Can you tell me how to enable the history?

Regards,

Ragesh

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ragesh,

the definition of a connection (in SAP logon) has an option for the bandwidth used. (-> properties)

However it is not recommended to check the "fast connection" option when you are using a low bandwidth connection.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin