cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager SR1 with MSSQL on W2K3 IA32 - Problem with Kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are implementing a sandbox in order to test the SAP Solution Manager 4.0 SR1 with MSSQL on W2K3 IA32. Therefore we ordered the installation CD for the above mentioned configuration. Instead of getting the SAP NETWEAVER Kernel SR1 we got SR2. Now we have the problem, that the installation program SAPINST is requesting the SR1- Kernel.

Unforunately the SR1-Kernel seems no longer available in the download section.

It would be fine to get a suggestion how to solve the problem.

Thanks

Best regards

Ralf Richter (ralf.richter@combots.com)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have the Kernel NW04S SR2 I recommend to use also the installation master of this version.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have solved the problem by installing the binaries of SAP Netweaver 2004 s SR2 on the share again. and the problem was gone.

Thanks

Best regards

Ralf

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> are you using the latest sapinst tools?

-> how about editing the LABEL.ASC??

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the hint, I have already checked the LABEL.ASC. I have no LABEL.ASC-Key for the SAP Netweaver 2004s SR1, so it would be a possibilty to substitue this key. But neverhteless, I think, there should be another official procedure in order to use the SR2 instead of the old SR1. I have contacted Klaus Billing at SAP as recommended in the OSS Note 918078. Best regards. Ralf R.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ralf,

no label? what's that supposed to mean? i just had a glimpse at nw2004.sr1 master and erp2005.sr1 master (and kernel 640)...all have a LABEL.ASC...weird!

maybe sap knows more...hope they can help thumbsup

GreetZ, AH