cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Starting Up Despatcher and Server 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completed installing the mySAP ERP 2005 (IDES) and discovered that the Dispatcher and the Server 0 is not up.

OS-Windows 2003 R2 - 32bit

Database - MSSQL 2005

The error:

Server 0 : Fatal: Cannot parse property "ms.port": For input string: "". No default value can be set.

Dispatcher: Fatal: Cannot parse property "ms.port": For input string: "". No default value can be set.

Thanks.

Regards;

Bavani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bavani,

Could you try the following?

Start Configtool from /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance-no>/j2ee/configtool/configtool.bat

Go to Cluster-data – Global dispatcher configuration – managers – cluster manager. On the right side of the screen find the property ms.port and set its value to the message server port. Click the Set button and Save the changes. Do the same for the server node: Cluster-data – Global server configuration – managers – cluster manager.

If you are not sure about the message server port number open the file /usr/sap/<SID>/SCS<number>/work/dev_ms and find the line:

[Thr 3086927552] *** I listen to internal port <number> (<number>) ***

Use the value of port <number>

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bavani,

It's also helpful if you post the content of files std_dispatcher.out and std_server0.out.

Best regards,

Rafael Toshiaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning.

Look under c:\windows\system32\drivers\services\ect and make sure the ports for what you are connecting to are listed and correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have installed MSSQL successfully.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bavani,

can you post the dev_server0 and dev_dispatcher trace files which are found in the 'work' directory.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

have u installed SQL 2005 successfully?