cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a model for BI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am quite familiar with Web Dynpro but I haven't yet used it for BI at all.

Can someone please direct me to tutorials how do I create the model to connect to the BI for starter?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Try this link:

https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SPS15/bi/docs/howtos/How_To_BI_Java_SDK_WebDynpro_App.pdf

Hope this help you.

Best regards, Gianluca Barile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Thank you for the link, forgot to mention I am already familiar with this PDF...The thing is that this PDF explains how to do it using Java connector, I was aiming for a model. I know I can expose BW as a Web service and than consume it like that. What I would like to know is if it is possible to create a model which connects directly to cube and retrieves the data from there?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

I think that the best ways to access BW from WDF are the WebService Model and the RFC Model.

You could always report the cube's view into RFC and calling them into WD projects.

But have you valuated the idea of using BEx directly? I think it's much linked with the BW world, perhaps it doesn't permit a large flexibility in UI controls as WD, but it depends on what you want to do.

Best regards.

Gianluca Barile

Message was edited by:

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Well, for what I need to do using Bex directly will be enough.

The reason I am asking this is maily for learning puropses.

Can you please explain me how to expose a BW cube as an RFC?

Regards,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

you could build one RFC for each View of the BW's Cube.

Then you could create a RFC Model that collect all RFCs you have created.

Regards.

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand the concept, it's just that I've never exposed a cube's view as an RFC.

Can you please guide me through this?

Thank you in advance,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

I can't guide you because I haven't a BW system here. My suggestion is to follow a standard guide that talkin' about RFCs and refer it to your BW system.

If you're familiar with RFCs on generic R/3 system, you will haven't any problem to apply those cocept to an BW system, instead R/3.

I'm very sorry, but it's the better I can tell you.

If this idea should like you, please don't forget the points. Thanks.

Best regards.

Gianluca Barile