cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Applying patches Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been trying to upgrade the patch level of our solution manager 4.0 system to configure scenario for CRM but when I am applying pathes for BBcrm and ST ie SAPKITL413 and SAPKU50003 its hanging in the import phase 2 with the message "MAIN IMPORT finished with return code 4" and stays there.I checked the background job and it is still active.

Previously I had the same problem and my SPAM status became RED.I deleted the queue from the PAT01 and PAT03 table where the status was '?'. and the tried applying the patches again ,but the same thing happened and the patches hanged at the same phse.

This is very urgent

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I checked all the logs ,all the steps are finishing successfully and there is even no warning.But the implementation of patches hangs in the phase Main Import which shows the status as "MAIN IMPORT finished with return code 0"

Even when I tried to apply SPAM\SAINT package it hanged in the same phase and didn't move on for a long time,ultimatly I have to stop the import.

I am not able to incerease the patch level of any of the component.Does any one guide me ,what to do in this scenario.

Thanks in advance

regards

amit

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide log details. So that i would try.

--Ragu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the latest patch of SPAM and SAINT, can there be any other reason.

This is very important for me.Your help will be of high importance to me.....

Regards

Amit

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Acion log of the support package.which gives the error details.Copy and paste the log in forum. It will be really helpful to solve your problem.

Also check this note. 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 2004s AS ABAP.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you upgrade your SPAM and SAINT before applying these patches.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu