cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netwaver Vision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

The following issues might be embarrassing but it would be appreciated if we can get support

1. What is the most up-to-dated stable version of NW?

We tried SP9, SR2 and it seems SP7 is our preference.

2. Can we change the default RDBMS from MySQL to others (e.g. Oracle) during NW installation?

3. Is creating an "Entity Service" required for saving meta data in DB? Is it correct to link to DB by using regular jdbc connection if not ERP specific info?

4. When followed the tutorial for "Entity Service" testing and we got MMR Object ID error (please refer to the attachment). I'm pretty sure that we didn't miss any steps as described in the document, and the scenario had been tested from different PC (but the Server is the same one). What could be the root cause?

Thank you very much.

Cherylanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.If you need SP7, then you need NW04S_SR1 CD's ,after installing from this cd you will get SP6 version,then you can patch it to SP7 by downloading the sca's from service market place.

• If you use NW04S_SR2 cd's you will get the base version as SP9.

2. NW can be installed on various database maxdb,MSSQL ,Oracle and DB2.It totally depends on ur requirement.You can use any of the databases mentioned above.During the installation you have to give the information about the databse you have installed.

For example: Install oracle and then during the installation give ur databae information as oracle.During the start only you have to choose the particular option that on what databse you what ur NW to be installed

Yes you can use any DB connection software.For ex for MaxDB it is DBMGUI or any SQL client to connect SQL database.

Please award points:

Any other inforamation you require let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajat ,

Thanks your answer for No.1 & No.2 .

about No.3 ;

Is creating an "Entity Service" required for saving meta data in DB? Is it correct to link to DB by using regular jdbc connection if not ERP specific info?

in this question , any suggestion for me !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i think there in no problem in linking to DB by using regular jdbc connection

Answers (0)