InventoryCommandBean.java

WarehouseCommandBean.java

after

InventoryCommandBean.java

WarehouseCommandBean.java

BOMCommandBean.java

webdynpro

Model

previously InventoryCommandBean.java , warehouseCommandBean.java is inside webdynpro model, now i need to reimport instead of delete, what can i do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reimport option is not available on java bean model,

You have recreate and rbeind the context.

Regards, ANilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wat is the alternative to this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The alternative is to manually edit the model within Web Dynpro. A bit painful, but much less painful than deleting and then recreating the model, especially if you have already written a lot of code which uses the model.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found those solutions here in the forum:

- make a 2nd WD Project

- import the new model to the new project with the same names and paths

- copy the new model from new project to the old one.

- refresh the old WD Project

This seems to be the fastest and securest way. And the copy task can be done by a batch file.

There's a blog with another solution. There you set all file attributes except the ones of the model files to RO to stop NWDS to delete the references, delete und import the model, after that switch the attributes back to R/W.

IMHO less secure, if you forget to switch any attribute, you may damage some references.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

although your solutions sound great...

but i dun really know how complicated the process is...

can you write a blog for this.......reimport model. ...creating 2nd wd model

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas, could please write a blog on this procedure?

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Stefan,

look at my WebLog on<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/10/10/how-to-reimport-web-service-models-in-web-dynpro-for-java To Reimport Web Service Models in Web Dynpro for Java</a>

Then read my comment on applying this re-import workaround for the JavaBean-model:

<i>Principally speaking "yes". But: there is a special difference which has to be considered. The Java-Bean model is based on a set of model-entities and a set of related model classes which are located in other packages (Java Bean model class packages) then the model-entities package. Model-entities are the metamodel-representations of the imported Java Bean model class.

Consequently it is not sufficient to make all model-entities within the model package namespace writable (readOnly=false). Additionally all related JavaBean model classes in a separate namespace must explicitly set writable.

Nevertheless there are no proxy classes which have to be deleted manually. Based on the above description the delete-operation will eliminate all those files which belong to the model.</i>

Regards, Bertram

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bertram.

Answers (0)