cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transpaort directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing the strange problem...functional consultant and ABAPers are creating transport request but these request are not coming to DATA and COFILES at OS level...can anybody tell me wot could be the reason and corrective measure?...thank and regards.

regards,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

You need to check authorizations for /usr/trans/data and /usr/trans/cofiles.

For this go to transaction AL11 and go to /usr/trans. next thing do a single click on data/cofile in order to select them. Once you have selected one of them press the pushbutton Attributes(on top left hand corner of the screen). Check the value of Mode. It should atleast be 775. This is for Unix.

Further check that <sid<adm is either an owner or part of groups which have access to this directory. For this please contact your adminsitrator who has OS level access.

Further also check if the all the profile parameters:

DIR_TRANS

DIR_TRFILES

DIR_TRSUB

are pointing to /usr/trans. If not then this is also a problem.

Please award points for useful info.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Just check one thing. If <sid>adm has sufficient priveliges for transport directory.

It might be a case where <sid>adm may not have file handling permissions to create files at OS level.

Give it 777 permissions.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Can you please tell me the path to check the authorization given to <sid>adm.

thanks and regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Vikram,

Just check if the transport directory is not full.

With regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

No, transport directory is not full. Also, i have checked the consistency of all 3 import queus and it's working fine without error. plz tell me how to resolve this issue as i have to handover the system by tommrrow..:((

regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know are the TP released in the system. and wht is ur system landscape

Cheers

Arun

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

This is because developers are creating local requests when they need to create workbench/customizing requests.

If this is not the case, go to AL11 and see where DIR_TRANS is pointing and check there.

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

They are not creating the local request DIR_Trans path is
hostname\samnt\trans...also it's very much visible in SE10 but not in datafile and cofile. However, support patches applied by are there....can i delete those patches from folder..patches are already applied by me?

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Please check if the transport requests have a target group assigned to them or not. if you release transports locally data files and co files will not get generated.

Hello Samrat,

If the objects are assigned to a local development class ($tmp) SAP wont prompt you for a transport request on any change in the object. They have to have a non local development class.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikram,

Problem is request are assigned to local dev class ($temp class)

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mate let us know are the request stored in local TP request, is the STMS configured correctly and how is the consistency, What kind of error message you get?

Are those request created and release or just created. Co-file and Data files are created once the request is released.

Cheers

Arun

Award points for helpful answer