cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I heard that the data for some fields in an Idoc have to be in special format. For instance, the quantity field should be "13 digits, 1 dec. point and 1 sign, left-justified". For example ‘302.35_________’ or ‘302.35-________’" and the MATNR field in the idoc type - WMMBID02 should be "numeric with leading zeros". For instance "000000000012345678".

I am using JCO to create an idoc object with java and then send it to SAP system.

My question is should I convert the data in the exact format mentioned above? or the format is only used in particular circumstance.

Thanks,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First: you can use Sap Entreprise Connector Wizard - it willl generate all structures and types as java classses correctly for you.

Second: if you dont have ability to use Sap Entreprise Connector - see api for the next java classes : java.text.MessageFormat and java.text.NumberFormat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Denis.

But my question is if I need to convert the data into the special format? Not How.

For instance, the value I have is 10 and do I need to convert it into "10.00 "?

Thanks,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to format all the values correctly. In fact, R/3 seems to deal with all types as strings, even numbers, so the 0 padding is a must.