cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Data to XI, using Proxy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP R/3 with WebAs 620. I did go through blogs on SDN to use RFC adapter to push data using RFC( Function Module data ) to XI. But i do not see any messages in XI.

I think our option now is to use proxies and i need help with that.

Can i create ABAP proxy on WebAs 620?

Can i create ABAP proxy on SAP R/3 and JAVA proxy on SAP XI and make the communication ?

thanks

Udai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all, why are you going to Proxy ? Where is the error ? did you go thru error analysis for the RFC message not being populated into XI?

<i>Can i create ABAP proxy on WebAs 620?</i>

>>>yes with plugins for more on-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/86/58cd3b11571962e10000000a11402f/content.htm

this blog will help u on patch-/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

<i>Can i create ABAP proxy on SAP R/3 and JAVA proxy on SAP XI and make the communication ?</i>

>>>You are going to create ABAP proxy in the SAP application systems only i.e R/3.

Why do u need java proxy ? btw, what is your scenario ?

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I checked in SM58, it says that Bean 'Function Module Name' not found when using RFC adapter.

My scenario is to send data from function module to XI, from XI we have to send data to vendor system in XML format( flat file ).

Previously the same Function module was called from Microsoft Biz Talk server and we have a VB program which converts the data to XML format according to our

vendor standards and after that we used to push that file using FTP to our vendor.

We want to implement the same scenario in our new XI server.

thanks

Udai

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you configure your function module as RFC enabled ?

Then did you create RFC destination in the SAP system of type tRFC type with Program ID registered ?

check out this blog -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Anyway thru ABAP proxy>XI>File scenario u can do. But if RFC is already exists, then try to use the same. No need of Java proxy here. Just you can send the file from XI into Vendor System shared folder if any

Rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

In Runtime Workbench-> Adapter Monitoring, i do not see RFC Adapter.

Could that be a problem?

thanks

Udai

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to see other adapters like File etc?

Also do the Cache Refresh for this go to IntegratioN builder>Administration>Cache Overview do the cache refresh for Repository, Diretcory, Runtime Workbench.

Also do the CPA Cache Refresh.

CHeck out this doc for Cache Refresh-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1a69ea11-0d01-0010-fa80-b47a7930...

Adaper monitor-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6b9f17e1-0901-0010-45ac-a9a124b4...

rgds,Moorthy