cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI JMS Adapter encoding and codepage (MDMP) problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where i convert an IDoc into a target structure and post it onto a Websphere MQ queue using JMS adapter. The SAP system which sends the idoc is a non/unicode system and i can receive data which can either danish, polish etc. Within XI the mapping works fine and the data is transferred to the MQ series queue. But when the third party system tries to get the message from the queue it says it downloads the message and is unable to convert the downloaded message due to invalid content (special danish, polish characters). Also the CCSID and encoding expected is 1252 and 546 respectively, but whenever i send message to the queue the CCSID is 1252 but encoding is 273.

Any idea as to why the above is happening, and how can it be corrected.

Also if anybody had faced any issues with respect to code page problems and resolved it with JMS as either sender or receiver, please share the same with me as well.

I am repeating that my SAP system is non-unicode (MDMP) system.

thanks

Sameer

Message was edited by:

Sameer Shadab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

I guess u can ask the third party to set CodedCharSet in GetMessageOptions. Actually my MQ knowledge is around 4 yrs old but I remember we had similar problem when we were pushing messages on remote queue of MQ on AS-400. I hope they resolved by setting this value.

Regards

Rajeev

Answers (0)