cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the SAP server in Server control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to connect to SAP using the rfc but i am unable to see the SAP server in server control to place the RFC function into the SAPProxy1.wsdl.

I have installed the SAP Client front end.

Pls assist me, i am new for this environment and working first time with SAP.Connector also pls let me know the prerequisite for the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra:

The Server Explorer addin of SAP.Connector 2.0.0 Client not refesh automaticaly. Yo must use the refresh button to see this control.

If the control cannot see reinstall the SAPConnector Wizard.

Check before reinstall that if not is installed in the same machine the SAPConnector wizard 1.0, you must desinstall before resinstall the Wizard 2.0.0.

Regards

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if it is not displayed in server control, you can enter the machine name/ip address of the server and try to connect.

Have you configured server names in your sap logon pad?

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Thanks for the reply. I have not yet tried to configured with IP address or server name as i have not yet received the IP address and logon information on SAP Server. i will receive the same in some time.

What when we will provide the server name and IP address? does it automatically search for the given name rfc in sap server or do i have to mentioned it somewhere?

Can u pls let me know the procedure how it works and what i need to do from my end.

Thanks a lot Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you enter login details, It will go to the next screen where you can search RFCs based on RFC names or function groups.

Kindly go through the documents related to SAP .NET connector.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Firstly, I want to ask what your .NET Connector is? 2.0 or 1.0?

If 1.0, when you are creating the SAPProxy, you need to enter server informations as server ip, client, system number. Also, you can select the suitable server in list which are identified. But, I recommend to enter these informations manuelly. After this you can search the functions which you want to use.

If you are using Connector 2.0, you need to open Server Explorer(left of the screen) and find SAP, then add the server that you want to use the functions. After all, you need to define filters that will help in order to find your functions.After, you will drop and down into the Proxy screen.

Best Regards,

Huseyin Akturk

-

www.huseyinakturk.net