cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends;

Can anyone give me steps for File to IDOC scenario.

I have a csv file containing some fields to be added to Cremas03.Finally I want to post in R/3.

It would be appreciated if ,I could get all the configuration steps required in R/3 and XI ( Partner profiles,RFC Destination) and how to acheieve it.The transactin codes and descriptions required.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a CSV file you are going to have to do some content conversion. You will need to use the file adapter to import your file and convert the CSV into an XML structure.

This blog covers content conversion:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Then you'll need to perform mapping from your XML structure to the CREMAS format. You can check out the mapping section of this blog (not your exact scenario, but using a MATMAS format):

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario

To post to R/3 in CREMAS03 format you need to use the IDOC adapter. There are many blogs out there that cover this, but this document should help:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09b775e-e56e-2910-1187-d8eba09c...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also may want to check out some sample scenarios for File adapter and Idoc adapter listed here:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - file to any Idoc

Can u send u r mail ID- I will send the documents how to create the partner profile. U can get my ID from Business card.

Regards

Agasthur Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I have a csv file containing some fields to be added to Cremas03.Finally I want to post in R/3</i>

For converting CSV to XML use this weblog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

To send the data to R/3 you will have to configure ALE .Follow this link

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_ALE_Introduction.asp

The configuration required on XI side are

Port settings in Tcode IDX1

Metadata download of the Idoc in Tcode IDX2

RFC destination or R/3 type in Tcode SM59

Bipin