cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with SAPKB Support Packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I often have issues applying SAPKB700## packages. They take very an inordinately amount of time to complete and sometimes I get the message saying the RDDIMDMP is not active. SAP's solution is to go into SM21, SM50, SM37 and find out what is happending, but these transactions produce a dump because the Support Package is not completly installed. When this happens, I have to restore the database and start over. Any hints on how to prevent this from happening?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

run abap report RDDNEWPP from se38 in High Priority and re-run the Support Packs again

Jonu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm the same. Did everything by the book, (installation, spam update, know problems note) and when tried to import SAPKB70010 - SAPKB70013 I experience very long runs. At times I killed and re-run the process with same effect. TP tool test is ok. At the end many basis transactions stop with an ABAP dump...

I searched notes and SDN with my only lead being this thread. I see this problem mentioned since the begining of the year but no solution yet? I do not understand how can SAP release support packages for a supported production ready product on a supported platform with such devastating effect! Haven't these support packages tested before released? I wonder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the TP syslog has to say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

please run this report RSTPTEST in se38 and let us know

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just recovered the database for the 3rd time.

Program RSTPTEST - ran successfully,all green check marks.

SAPKB70010 ran in the Import All step for 18+ hours before I lost my connection. During this time nothing was logged. When I logged back on, I tried to restart the import but the log was displaying the message about RDDIMDP not running. I could not start it because most of the basis transactions, including SM50, SE38, SM21 dumped when I executed them.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have similar problem. My SAPKB700.. packs are taking 12-15 hours in one phase. Did you get a sloution for it.

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

RDDIMDMP job are the TP jobs running in BG when tp or SP upload is happening. You have to run this manuall once to see they complete successfully. Also check the consistency of your stms through STMS tcode. Also thry to upgrade your kernel as per SAP recommendation.

Cheers

Arun

Award point for useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kernel is current and RDDIMDP has run successfully before.