cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter --> EndSeparator not 0d0a but 0a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I've got a problem sending a file from XI. When the file is created, the character written each end of line is, in hex code, 0d0a. But it seems that, the machine receiving the file, does not accept that code as a carriage return. How could i make XI write the files only with an '0A' as end separator?

My current configuration is:

FTP Transfer mode: Binary

Processing Parameters File Type: Binary

LINE_ITEM.endSeparator='0x0A'

LINE_ITEM.fieldSeparator='0'

I think i've made all the combinations in the receiver channels and the better i get is '0A0D'.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki, I think the solutions is a good one, Did you test the recieving system? because maybe you are opening the file with some software who cannot read the hex characters (so you see the character #) but your receiving system do. or try to open it with ultraedit and hex view and see if the code that you need is in there.

Regards

Omar Hernandez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

I think you can create a function in your message mapping that add the characters you want in the last node in the XML, i mean, for example

if XML like that;

and surname is the last element (that is, the last element before the EOL character). you can do the funtion that adds this hex string just after the containing info of the surname tag.

i hope this helps

un saludo.

Message was edited by:

Eduardo Martí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Eduardo,

I've created a Java Function inside the mapping which just adds the character at the end of the field. And in configuration, I've written as the endSeparator and fieldSeparator the constant '0'.

With this, I just get one giant line with all of the items (that should be in different lines) and, not the '0a' character but a '#' one between items.....

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

how is going this problem?

Is the source file in HEX?, isn't it possible to handle it like a text file?, maybe handleling it in text instead of HEX you would have less problems than now.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still stucked....

Source file is in text mode, and I'm producing just a text file only.

The problem is that, whatever the way I write it, it always has as the line separator the invisibles characters for Line Feed and Carriage Return (0A 0D in Hex). And the system receiving, it's only accepting lines ended with 0A as separator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so your problem can be related with the receiver file adapter, because when you pick up the file, you have to transform it into XML with the content conversion parameters, so this special characters like the carriage return should be deleted, integration engine is not working with files, just XML to handle data.

Now, when the data flow towars the receiver file adapter, the XML has to be transformed in a flat file, and is the adapter which will create the return of carriage.

I am researching in your problem, i think it is interesting...

bye.

Eduardo M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can solve the problem with a proxy.

I have been reading some post related with your problem in the forum:

Reading this I realize that if you use a proxy you can use the characted you want for the EOF (end of line). If when using a Java proxy you have the same problem, i am sure that there is any funcion that allows to add the hex value you want to place it in the place you want.

I hope this helps you.

Eduardo M-