Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk Through With BPM

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I've implemented the Blog titled "Walk Through with BPM" posted below... and now I have a question.

It would seem to me that if I created an abstract MI for the file coming from the sender... and created an IM between the sender's abstract MI and the receiver's abstract MI... that in the BPM I could then use the sender's abstract MI in the start step instead of the receiver's abstract MI and then use the receivers abstract MI in the subsequent send step.

I tried setting this up... but I get a "Message Not Used" error.

... any suggestions... comments?

Here's the Blog

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are beginningwith BPM, the best thing I would suggest to do it to go through each scenario in this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/766840bf0cbf49e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

each of the scenario in this link has been implemented in your XI iteself. Just navigate to the Software Compoenetn SAP BASIS and then the namespace --> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns and in this namespace you will find the implementation of each of the BPM described in the link above. Read through the theory and seee the implementation in XI . Should give you an idea of what is happening.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see...

And because of the transformation, I don't need any mappings in my receiver or interface determinations... very good

Thanks guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

In the given blog, Moorthy is not using any interface mapping in his BPM because he is sending information out of BPM as it comes into BPM . If you need to implement any IM in your BPM you need to have transformation step in your BPM which will ask you for IM .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2c02dd90-0201-0010-2abe-e17f7e1a...

start-> receive->tranformation->send->end

thanks,

pooja

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok... hang on... let me slap a transformation in there & see if it works.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you note Moorthy's blog, then you will see that in his blog the Interface Mapping is between the Outbound Asynchronous Message Interface and a Abstract Asynchronous Message Interface.

But as you have a Interface Mapping between 2 Abstract Message Interfaces, you need to have a Trabsformation Step in your BPM like I have mentioned above.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hmmm....

Tell me more about these transformations... of which you speak.

Any good blogs layin around here?

Doug -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a transformation / Interface Mapping between Abstract Interfaces.

So, you will need to use a TRANSFROMATION step between your Receive Step and Send Step in the BPM and then give the appropriate message interfaces and interface mapping for the transformation step.

Regards

Bhavesh