cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In an ESA world are we still configuring like in R/4.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have read quite a bit about the ESA of SAP. But have not read anything about the configuration of the system.

I refer to configuration as configuration of the enterprise structure for example. The configuration steps as we know in for example 4.6 are they becoming services as well ? Does this mean that you have to select or identify the required configuration services ? Or are these configuration services linked to the processes identified in the process model ?

Thanks,

Henkjan Hulshof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ESA ( ESOA - New Name) is a methodology, its not a product nor design for single product like ERP .

But yes we have systems like mySAP ERP which are ESOA complient ,in which all the business processe's are Service enabled , for example if you want to create Sales order in 4.6c system you use an IDOC or BAPI . Now which mySAP ERP which is ESA complient , we can use an Enterprise service to Create a Sales Order .

Now if you want to find out how to configure mySAP ERP , there are so mauch information already available in SDN. just search....

Hope this answeres your qustion.

- Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I am searching a lot on SDN but practical information for implementing and execution a standard SAP process is hard to find. Most information is directed towards the technical engine or a too high process level IMO. But maybe this is not effected. Based on your answer I suppose configuration is not changed with or without a SOA approach.

Thanks, HJH