Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time_out parameter for online report custom

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i have to run some custom report online, but often i have a timeout dump

Do you know what is the parameter in rz10 to edit for?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sleep,

The parameter for foreground has already been mentioned so I wont dwell on it.

Frankly is not advisable to change profile parameter for a custom report. I have seen custom reports with dumbest pieces of coding which result in time out errors/abap heap memory overflow errors etc. Alternatively some time the data being seletcted is so huge that SAP will give time out dump.

So whole point is that changing value of this parameter makes sense if standard SAP is dumping not for custom reports. I would never change profile parameters for custom reports neither would SAP really advise you that on first go. Even in case of standard SAP you should first review the amount of data that is being selected and try to cut it down. If that is not possible then use background processing. If nothing works go to SAP and check with them why is it behaving in that way. Only as a last resort change your profile parameters.

I would recommend following approaches:

1. First of all get the code reviewed. Make use of SE30 for this. Try to weed out performance bottlenecks. In case of certain tables SAP recommends using function modules instead of direct selects. Check if introducing secondary indexes in the tables involves can help you.

2. Check the amount of data that is being selected in one run. If it is huge try to reduce it and then do foreground processing.

3. However if data volume has to be retained then go for background processing.

I hope this approach will be somewhat useful to you.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sleep,

If your online report is running a program in the backend that is timing out you can change rdisp/max_wprun_time and increase value usually this is set to 600 seconds (10 min) but you can increase this value to maybe 1200 seconds and give it a go.

This parameter can be changed dinamically at rz11 so you don't need to restart the system

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

the user infact start the report in SE38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mate is user executing hte report in BG or foreground. If foregroud i have to increase the value of the above parameter

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the Parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time and it dynamic can be changed at RZ11.

Cheers

Arun

Award points