cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound email processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to send a pdf to an email address configured in SAP as inbound processing.

I have done the necessary configuration in SCOT for attaching the class which takes the pdf filled data and updates DB table. And sends a reply back to the recipient. I dont know how to test this and what are the other configurations missing for sending from hotmail to SAP and get the reply back. Any ideas or help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That must be fortune!

I did this last week and I didn't know how to test ist, too.

I wrote the class based on Michael Jung's Blog post and I just send me an e-mail with the value of one input field.

It takes some time to reply automatically, because it's done by a job, but it works.

Further information:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher

Jeff Gebo's presentation called "Send, Receive, and Process Interactive Forms via Email in AS ABAP." (I lost the link...)

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip,

Thanks for the reply. I am still not getting how it can be tested. When I send pdf from my hotmail address to the hotmail address, how can it reach SAP inbound class and send me a reply. Please clarify my silly doubt

Thanks

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, that's the point.

The SAP-System has got mail-boxes. If it is configured, you can send and receive mails in the Business Workplace (Transaction SBWP). You get your own mail address for your SAP user.

If you send a mail from the BWP to your hotmail account, you'll see which mail address is yours. In my case, it's a combination of userid, system-name and company-name.

This address has to be entered in the user exit roles in the ta so50. Now you can send your replied document to your sap-address and , hopefully, it will be processed.

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

It was a very helpful answer which I was looking for a while. In my case, in SU01, I have given my email address as my hotmail one. And whenever I send to hotmail from SAP Business work place swbp, I am getting the hotmail as the sender too.

So actually I should use hotmail address as the recipient for sending PDF to SAP.

But does this create sense? I wont get anything in SAP if I send to hotmail.

Thanks

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP system cannot access your hotmail address, so it cannot process this mails. So you have to enter your sap mail-address.

Please delete your hotmail address from your data. Then send yourself an email again so you can see address.

Now enter your sap address, you'll find in this mail, into the Inbound Exit Rule.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

do you still required information on this requirement ?

Best regards