Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting enteries from SAP Logon PAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to know is there any way to stop the users from deleting the server enteries(ie. server IP address etc) from SAP GUI logon PAD.

Users remove this entry by pressing the Delete Button, Please suggest is there any option to disable this , so that user is unable to remove the server enteries from logon PAD.

Regards

Puneet.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

We can disable all the edit entries.

Just click on left corner of Logon Pad. Choose -> option.

Select -> Disable system edit function.

click -> ok

and edit entries will disappear.

But again if user knows this trick(Most of them do not), user can enable it.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Give reward points for useful answers.

Thanks,

Prasad

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that in windows only users with administrator rights can remove the entries, although I am not sure it's like that by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>in windows only users with administrator rights can remove the entries

I don't think so. I checked it. User without administrator privileges can also do that. In windows there are not much privilege levels.

Thanks,

Prasad.

0 Kudos

Here at the university it is configured like that, I think write access to the directory where these settings are stored are revoked for non admin users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Windows it can simply be protected by NOT giving users change rights to the directory were the SAPLogon.ini file is located!

There is a way to bypass that, but those users know so much that they also are not the ones that will accidentially push the delete button and mostly they do know how to restore the deleted entry.

Be aware taht the downside of this is that you will have to maintain all SAPLOGON.INI files centrally.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

saplogon.ini file is normally located in c:\windows (or the directory where you installed windows). This file can permissions can be set so that only users who are a member of specific groups can have write access and others can have read access only. To set permissions you need to look for the file in explorer, and right mouse click, then select properties.

Good luck,

Tim

0 Kudos

How to Remove old projects in the SAP LOG ON PAD.

Once can go to the SAP log pad , extreme left corner and select options .

under SAP Log on Options we can see two paths.

Select : XML configuration File on Server and Delete the .xml path.

Click on Apply and come out . Relog in again all your old History pertaining to old projects will be deleted.