cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got requirement like In purchse order smartform I would like to print the purchase order in such a way that back side should be print "Terms and conditions" and front side is actual purchase order. To achieve this functionality what type of settings to be done in smart forms and how ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks the problem got resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The purchse order smartform is coming with two pages on the back side of second page i am getting terms and conditions.

Instead of this i want the terms and conditions to be printed on the back side of all the pages.

lets us say if my output contains 4 pages all the pages must contain terms and conditions on the back side.

i am getting terms and conditions only on the last page.

please do the needful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can u tell whre u r using COMMAND node..

u ahve to use the command node in TAble FOOTER to printe the next page every time.. and use anotehr command in PAGE2 to caome back to the PAGE1

for page1 use 'D ' and for PAGE2(terms and condtios page) use it as Default ' '.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

can you give u r mail id so that i will send my po smartform because i tried with all options, please help me in this .

Thank you.

vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nareshreddy.k@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the page property as duplex printing ( check box should be flagged ).

Pavan Meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

given the page property as D(duplex) , next page as 'second page' but this page not calling. Is there any conditions to call this page ? there is no main window in this page contains only secondary window for the terms and conditions. help me.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the below answer from some website, hope useful

SmartForm Doublesided printing question

Your customer wants your PO SmartForm to be able to print "Terms and Conditinos" on the back side of each page. They don't want to

purchase pre-printed forms with the company's logo on the front and terms & conditions on the back. Now this presents an interesting

problem.

Has anyone else ever had a request like this? If for example there was a 3 page PO to be printed, they want 3 pieces of paper, the front

side of each to containe the PO information (page 1, 2, and 3) and the back side of each piece of paper to containg the static "Terms &

Conditions" information.

Anyone have a clue how to force this out?

Easy - page FRONT lists page CONTACTS as next page and CONTACTS lists FRONT as next page. Since CONTACTS does not contain a MAIN

window, it will print the contacts info and then continue on to FRONT for the rest of the main items. Additionally, set print mode on FRONT to

D (duplex) and set CONTACTS to 'blank' (for both resource name and print mode - this is the only way to get to the back of the page).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried this option still it is not working to me .

Is there any other options ? its urgent

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b> u need to trigger the PAGE2 explicitily at pge break only ... by using the COMMAND node...</b>

<b>Read this carfully... and implement this.. </b>

<b>1.</b>create 2 pages PAGE1 PAGE2., for page 1 next page PAGE1 only.(otherwise u will face problem if u have more items to print related to PO).In out put options -->print mode = D for both the pages, and for the second page Next page is PAGE2 only.

<b>2.</b>create 2 Folders in main window.. of PAGE1.. for the first folde give CONDITONS tabe tick ONLY ON PAGE and select PAGE1 and for the second folder Conditions tabe tick ONLY ON PAGE then select PAGE2 .

<b>3.</b> Then copy the main window in PAGE1 then Paste it in PAGE2.

by doing the above formats the Folder1 executes only in PAGE1 and the Folder2 will Execute only on PAGE2.

<b>In main winodow >in Folder1 of PAGE1 after the info u wanto print>right click>create>Flowlogic>Command</b>. by this u can create a command node>in this TICK the go to new page option... give the page name as PAGE2..

<b>

3.</b> In PAGE2-->main window >folder2...repeat the point2 ... after the infor u wanto print>right click>create>Flowlogic>Command</b>. by this u can create a command node>in this TICK the go to new page option... give the page name as PAGE1.. in folder don't insert any thing other than COMMAND node.

<b>4.</b>.instet another windowin PAGE2, then insert the text u want to print..as terms & conditions... after this -->CONDITIONS TAB tic ONLY ON PAGE PAGE2. allign the size of the window where ever u want... no problem if placethis window on the main windoe... because there is nothing is printing in PAGE2 from main window..

if u want to print only one page this will work.... but if u have more items realted to PO... then the PO details will print in more than one page... in that case.. u need to inser the COMMAND node in TABLE... so that at every page Break it will call the Next PAGE.

<b>if r facing any proble let me know... ..</b>

Note!! check whethe the printer is compatable to print the duplext first

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the tcode SPAD for further printer options.

Regards

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Our PO contains more than one line item , we are using 2nd clue which u have mentioned in ur reply.

Your solution seems to be working but I am having one problem here. After Main Window I have got 2 secondary windows which are displaying some office related stuff and Totals which are getting displayed on the condition At the End of Main window . In this case when I add command at the end of table in Main window, it also displays 3rd page where it displays Main window as blank as there is no data needs to be displayed but for displaying 2 secondary windows at the end of Main window it shows the third page.

Can u pls. help me in this.

Thanks,

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijaya,

the reason for this is... as per the above post... when the main window is completed ..it is triggering the PAGE2.. after completion of the PAGE2.. we r returning to the PAGE1... by that time it goinging to 3rd page..

the solution for this is... read carefully. .

instead of 2 secondary windows out side the main window.. iam suggesting u to ...1. Increase the Height of the main winodow..

2.create two templates inside the main window...Place all the text or whtever u r printing in those secondary windows..

3. now deleter the 2 secondaray windows... So u r using templates instead of secondary window,

4. don't worry about the allignment of the template... u can place them at the right places as the secondary windows.. with little bit effort..

click on the template>TEMPLATE TAB>DETAILS button.. here u can set the vertical and horizantal allignment with reference to the MAIN window.

Note: if u wanto place the text in templates... u have to give the ROW number and COLUMN number in the OUTPUTOPTIONS of the text element.

5.in the CNDITIONS tab of the Templates.. Tick on the Check boxes.. ONLY AFTER END OF MAIN WINDOW and ONLY BEFORE END OF MAIN WINDOW

implement as above.. let me know if u have any queries.

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh,

I have used your first option it is working, but I am getting two seperate papers while printing & I have given condition at main window in table, I have given 3 line items in PO . I am getting 3 papers in which 1 and 2 contains the pruchase order information and 3 rd is about terms and conditions.

Is there any thing which I need to set in printer to print front and back

help me in this.

Thanks in advance

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link which give an idea of Duplex printing.

http://solutions.brother.com/Library/pdf/SAP_install_latest.pdf

Though it says it is for Sapscript, you can extend it to smartforms also.

Regards

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check whether the printer is compatible to print in duplex