cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing trouble when installing SQL server for MDM5.5 in XP SP2 professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone faced trouble in installing SQL server for MDM 5.5 in XP SP2 professional. I have selected the workstation components after going to Control Panel->SQL server -> Change button but the system is asking to reboot over and over and run SQL server setup. It seems weird for me......

Thanks for any help

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the Installation Guide for MDM available in Service Market Place.

Uninstall the MS-SQL Server and re install it.

When you are installing choose the following options:

Step1) Choose Local Computer for the name of the Computer you wna to create a new instance of SQL Server

Step2) Select Create a new instance of SQL Server, or intsall Client Tools

Step3) Select Server and Client Tools

Step4)Choose Default check mark, for a default Installation

Step5) Choose Custom as the Setup Type

Step6) Use the same account for each service.AutoStart SQL Server Service

Choose Use Local System account

Step7)Choose Mixed Mode(Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication)

Step8)Choose SQL Collation - Binary Order, for use with the 850 (Multilingual) chararcter set

Step9) After successful intallation, download the latest patches from Microsoft for the SQL Server version and update the database.

Now you should be ready with the MS SQL SERVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I've seen this issue too.To work around this problem, depending on the source of the error, you can use any one of the following methods:

1. Restart the computer and see if you are able to run the setup. If the restart does not help, use the steps that follow.

2. Perform these steps and then run the SQL Server 2000 setup again: a. Click Start, and then click Run.

b. In the Open dialog box, type: "Regedit" (without the quotation marks) or "Regedt32" (without the quotation marks)

c. Click OK.

NOTE: Please make sure that you only delete the value mentioned, not the whole session manager key.

d. In Registry Editor, expand the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

e. On the File menu, click Export.

NOTE: In Microsoft Windows 2000, click Export Registry File from the Registry menu.

f. In the File name text box, type: "Session Manager Key" (without the quotation marks)

g. Click Save.

h. In the right-pane of the Registry Editor window, right-click PendingFileRenameOperations. On the shortcut menu that appears, click Delete.

i. In the Confirm Value Delete message dialog box that appears, click Yes.

j. On the File menu, click Exit.

NOTE: In Windows 2000, click Exit on the Registry menu.

k. Restart the computer.

l. Using the Registry Editor, verify that the PendingFileRenameOperations registry value is not available.

Note The PendingFileRenameOperations registry value may be re-created when you restart the computer. If the registry values are re-created, delete the PendingFileRenameOperations registry value again by completing steps a through j, and then run SQL Server 2000 Setup. Do not restart the computer before you run SQL Server 2000 Setup.

Taken from <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312995">The Microsoft Support site</a>

I hope this helps

Alejandro