cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of Measure error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We are on SRM 5 (classic mode). I am trying to setup a new unit of measure in EBP. I have created the ISO code (BE) and then I created a unit of measurement BD (bundle) that references the ISO code. I have setup the ISO and unit of measure in R3 also. When I create a shopping basket with the above unit of measurement I get and error "Error has occured in pricing". The price disappears from the cart.

Can anybody provide any suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

The procedure that you are following is incorrect to set up the UOM. To keep the UOM synchronous in R/3 and in SRM, please maintain the UOM in R/3 and then replicate the entire UOM's from R/3 to SRM Via customizing object DNL_CUST_BASIS3 using T-code R3AS.

Once you have performed this step you will see the UOM change made in R/3 automatically replicated in SRM. Now when you try to create a SC, you will not see that error anymore.

Please assign points, if answer solved your problem.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundeep,

I thought DNL_CUST_BASIS3 was obsolete as of SRM5 (refer to note 872533). In the past what I have done is I have synchronized UOM from the CUNI txn. This time I could not and therefore I setup the UOMs in SRM and R3 separately.

Let me know.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I have done the same on a SRM 5.0 system and i was able to replicate the UOM successfull from R/3 to SRM. Thus synchronizing the two. Please try it and let me know.

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundeep,

I tried it and it did not work. If you send me your email address I can send you a screen shot.

Let me know if I can try anything else.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

varakoni@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Send me the Screen shots at sundeep_ravande@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Do you know which download object we need to use for repliation of UOM? is there a new job?

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

The replication process works with DNL_CUST_BASIS3. I dont know why that OSS note refers to as being obsolete. I have tried no.of sample cases and all works.

Venkat: In your case, the screen shots shows that it is more a pricing error due to IPC or something rather than UOM. Why you think it is a UOM error??

However, when you make an entry in <CUNI> in ECC and try to replicate to SRM, please make sure you check mark the ALE/EDI ISO code as the primary code which in your screen shot shows you did not.

Hopefully you have solved your problem. let me know what the problem was?

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundeep - The solution worked. Only thing is there is a brief period after the replication of UOM that the system displays the pricing error (in describe requirement the system was wiping the price away and for catalog items it was giving the pricing error). There must be some overnight job that syncs up other aspects of the units. The pricing error had nothing to do with IPC. I was getting the pricing error for any newly created UOMs.

Sreedhar - Sync up the ISO codes (from txn CUNI) with your backend system first. Then create the UOM in the R3 system. Using R3AS transaction replicate the backend UOM using the load object DNL_CUST_BASIS3.

Answers (0)