cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC sender communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on RFC->XI->SOAP scenario. In R/3, I maintainted an RFC destination with program id same as RFC sender CC in XI, Gateway and host of XI server. But when i test connection the RFC destination, I am getting the following error.

/CPIC-CALL: ThSAPOCMINIT'Transaction program not registered'

Error details: program 'testid' not registered.

What could be the reason and pls let me know if there are any thing else need to be checked or configured. Any blogs or example links are an additional help.

Thanks

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Michal's reply, this blog may give some hints-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for whole bunch of informations. I am still facing some issues here.

1) In sap gateway (smgw) of R/3 sender, what should LU Name and TP Name contain? I am right now only seeing R3 host and gateway service respectively for both the columns. Is this correct?

2) The Gateway host of RFC destination in R/3 sender should be what? Is it the business system name in XI for the sender R/3?

Thanks

Ricky

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1) In sap gateway (smgw) of R/3 sender, what should LU Name and TP Name contain? I am right now only seeing R3 host and gateway service respectively for both the columns. Is this correct?</i>

>>>LU name is R/3 Host name. To get the gateway service , go to SMGW>Menu in there GOTO->Parameters-->Display..

Generally it is sapgwXX where XX means System no.

<i>2) The Gateway host of RFC destination in R/3 sender should be what? Is it the business system name in XI for the sender R/3?</i>

>>>It should be Application Server details of the Application System i.e R/3 system. U can get this from the SAP logon pad and application host name. It is <u>not</u> XI server.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Thanks a lot for ur reply. From Sergio Copolo's reply, i understand that SMGW->logged on clients need to be checked. What should I see there for correct view....

Thanks

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What shuld i see in SMGW-> logged on clients for checking whether everything is correct or not when sending request from RFC->XI->SOAP.

Thanks

Ricky

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMGW logged on clients will just show you the list of connections. If you dont see a specific entry that you expect it means that there is no connection for that particular system.

For troubleshooting RFC/SOAP scenarios - trouble shooting rfc/soap -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricky,

you should see there a TP_NAME that matches the program id you inserted in the sender cc.

This mean that the sender adapter has been able to registered itself on sapgateway.

PS: It's Cipolla, not Copolo

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to see the program id in TP name. And LU name should be R/3 right....i can see that but the TP name is sapgw(system number). What should i do now

Thanks

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

And i am unable to import RFC from R/3 in XI repository, Is the reason the same because of gateway issue?

But i can see a remote gateway for XI system which has XI host name..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

this means that the sender cc is not registering itself on sapgateway of r3,

I suggest you to verify that:

1) XI can see/ping R3 (check this using testing the connection in the RFC destination that you have created in XI to import idocs via IDX1)

2) the application server set in the cc is the one of R3

3) the Application Server Service set in the cc is equal to sapgw<R3 system numer>

Also have a look at the cc from RWB to see what's wrong there.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ricky,

the problem is that the sender cc is not properly configured infact in sapgateway you will not see any entry for the program id.

You can check it from transaction SMGW (sap gateway) clicking on goto->logged on client, there you will see no logged on client with that program id, that means that the sender cc is not registering itself on sapgateway of R3.

Check the parameters of the sender CC, it has to point to sap gateway sapgw<R3 system number>

Kind Regards,

Sergio

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

just check my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

In Integration Directory, edit the business system and go to adapter specific settings. Make sure the logical system name is set properly for the source system.