Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring users to new CUA without transferring parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, we are in the process of moving our CUA users from our current (4.6) system to our new CUA (Web AS 7.0) system.

We would like to transfer the users from the old CUA (4.6) to the new CUA (7.0). After we add the old CUA to the new CUA distribution model, is there a way to transfer the users from the old CUA to the new CUA without transferring the user's parameters?

Right now, from transaction SCUA (Central User Administration Distribution Model) -> Environment -> Transfer User, we choose users, it transfers everything including the parameters. We only need the users.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

Not sure if this would work, since I have not tried to import users without parameters before.

Have you tried to set the field settings in SCUM before doing the transfer? If you set the field attributes for Parameters to local before you import the users.

Regards

Sujeet

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

Not sure if this would work, since I have not tried to import users without parameters before.

Have you tried to set the field settings in SCUM before doing the transfer? If you set the field attributes for Parameters to local before you import the users.

Regards

Sujeet

0 Kudos

Hi Sujeet,

I doubt it as SCUM settings are Post CUA actions..and would not interfere with User transfer. Interested in looking for posts on this topic, as i see no way to attain this requiremenet...

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Greetings, we made the SCUM settings local for the parameters before transferring the users and this did not work. How can we transfer users from our old 4.6 CUA system to our new 7.0 CUA system? Is this done only at the database level? Thanks in advance.