cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email on Bid Invitation publication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have configured the scenario for Bid Invitations in our SRM 5.0 system (SRM_SERVER 550, support pack SAPKIBKT07).

However, the bidders (vendor contact persons) are not receiving emails to alert them of the bid invitation. I see nothing in SOST transaction to see that the system is even trying to send mails for this process.

I have done some research (on this site and OSS) and find that the Smartform BBP_BIDINV_BID is used to format message content and that maybe task TS14507929 is involved via workflow WS14500026, but still I cannot get an email to be sent to the vendor contact person.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here to 'activate' email notifications for bid invitations?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to send the email to your internal email first, e.g: your company email. If it succeeds, it might because your mail system is closed for outgoing. Talk to your mail server administrator to open connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt

I would hazard a guess that SAPConnect isn't configured correctly. Have a word with your BASIS team and they'll be able to make the necessary changes for you.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your responses.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm yet that you have collectively solved my issue as I have been pulled onto another project.

What I can say is that the system was not managing to email to an external address out of Business Workplace, so that is the first place I will be looking (or making a call to our basis team).

As soon as I get the time / opportunity, I will apply your recommendations and let you all know.

Cheers

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Try putting a valid email address in the SU01 User_Id of the contact person of the vendor.

Sukumar