Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have doubt regarding file adapter

can a file adapter work dynamically?

for example: we are configuring one file name and a path.

whether multiple files can be taken from the path dynamically when using file adapter.

Message was edited by:

allen washburn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi suppose consider you put 2 or more types of files such as File beginning with FE,SE and TE in a directory/different Directories and if you want to pick only the files with those prefixes , you can do it by using Advanced Selection For Source File. This option is available just below the place where you give File Name. If you check that Check box you can see a table where you have to fill up those directory and File Details. You can also specify Exclusion mask :)..I'm not Sure from which SP it is available..I'm using SP19 now..its there..I guess its available from SP15/16 :).........

Regards,Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen -

On the sender file adapter side you have the wildcard options (e.g. *, ?) and in addition you can set exclusion masks to exclude files with a certain pattern. You can set additional folders too for additional files in a different location (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm">Additional Files</a>)

On the receiver side, you can use <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm">Variable Substitution</a> to dynamically set the filename and path based on message content (payload or header).

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you can use *.xml(to get all xml files) or *.txt(to get all text files) or you as michael said you can use . to get all files but I think your file adapter will be expecting only one kind of file at a time. I mean it would be all text files or XML files. So, just give *.txt or *.xml in the file names

--Archana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use . as filename

to process all files from folder

Regards,

michal