cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapAdmin.exe Front End Setup Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I am using the Front-End Installation server distribute the windows GUI 6.40 to user workstations by a batch file called from the command line.

The batch files calls sapsetup.exe listed to the PID for the particular install.

On the OnEndInstall Script I have the following listed.

If Engine.Shell.FilesExist("%SAPSrcDir%\custom\saplogon.ini") Then

Engine.Shell.CopyFile "%SAPSrcDir%\custom\saplogon.ini", "%WinSysDir%\saplogon.ini"

End If

Engine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKCR\Sapgui.Shortcut.File\EditFlags", "REG_DWORD", "10000"

For some reason it doesn't seem to execute this scrit in the proper mannor and does not make the changes I specify in the above statements within the xml code.

I can cheat and get around this by adding the commands to the batch file, but I would use the server side so users do not freak out.

Any Input on where to go from here would be helpful...

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Mike Deckard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

you want to copy the SAPLOGON.INI into your SystemRoot Directory (e.g. C:\WINNT)?

Exchange Parameter "%WinSysDir%"(e.g. C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32)

to "%WinDir%". Should work

sincerly,

Patrick Bruch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a possibility to set Current User registry keys? Or better said, what I would like to do is to turn on the automatic update from server?

Best regards,

Maarten

PS Is there any good documentation for the OnEndInstall scripts? Like on installing the shortcuts in a different start menu folder, adding services entries to the sevices files, etc.