cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPscript - field showing in preview yet not printing on specific printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've made a small change moving the spelled and numerical amounts on the A/P check. They were originally on two separate lines (rows).

The numerical amount is now on the same line as the spelled amount. Spelled amount is in Window CHECKSPL. Numerical amount is in Window CHECK. CHECKSPL overlaps with CHECK window, but does not overlap with the actual numerical check amount field. CHECKSPL window ends at 55.00CH. Amount field starts at 75.00CH.

When I print a check, everything shows up fine in my print preview. It also prints fine on most of my printers. Only on one of my printers, the second line of the spelled check amount disappears. (Spelled amount wraps automatically onto a second line as needed). If I move the CHECKSPL window or the spelled check amount field onto any line that is not the same as the numerical check amount, everything prints fine. However, our pre-printed form requires the two fields to be on the same line. I'm required to use the printer that is having the problem - a Lexmark 2391 Plus.

Any insight or workarounds would be greatly appreciated. FYI- I'm running on 4.6C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The output of a sapscript can depend on the printer.

Every printer can have an own driver and interpret a chararcter in different way so it'll get a different output.

Try to check which driver is assigned to that printer by trx SPAD.

If you need to use a specific printer you should do the test using that printer.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Thanks for posting your reply so quickly. I am looking into the driver with our basis team now. I neglected to mention in my original post that the printer I am working with is in another country and I cannot easily test with it. I make changes using similar printer(s) at my location and have the end user review tests on the actual printer.

Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

If you are printing spell amount in two lines. Try this: Increase the height of sepll amount window & Take a test printout. This may solve your probem. I also came across same problem.

Ashven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashven,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I did try that previously and made the CHECKSPL window height sufficient to handle the two lines. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. I am now looking into the print driver with our basis team for possible solutions there.