cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wht is a spool request explain me in detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I want t know what is a spool request and wht is a spool request number

explan me thanking u

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

definition: A target device must be specified for the output for every document to be printed in the SAP System. As the document can be output using not only printers, but also archiving devices, these devices are called Output Devices in the SAP System.

ex:

Name of the spool server (= application server with a spool work process)

so, a spool is nothing but a list of entries that are queued to an output device for printing .so, each entry is recognised with a uniqur number and is like first come first serve basis.

in sap r/3 u can see this using SP01 transaction.

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Spool request is a document for which a print function has been selected. However, it has not yet been output to a printer or another device. The output data for the print document is stored partly formatted in a data store until an output request is created, that is, until it is sent to a particular output device.

The spool system uses a spool request to store the print data temporarily and to access it. The data is stored in a temporary format. You can also display the print document. The system automatically assigns a 10-digit ID number to a spool request.

Output request: From the point of view of the SAP spool system, an output request outputs the print data of a spool request to a particular output device.

Multiple output requests may exist for a single spool request. Each represents an instance of the output of the same spool request. Each of these output requests may have different attributes, such as the target printer or number of copies.

By differentiating between spool request and output requests, the spool system provides a means of storing the data temporarily.

Please check this link for more information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/64/c6c13b48c37855e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ferry Lianto